Old November 3rd 05, 10:24 PM
Child

Default The solids question again!

"Sarah Vaughan" wrote in message
In message GzX9f.532387$xm3.258238@attbi_s21, CY writes
I calculated his age in weeks and it looks like he is 23 weeks. How do
they figure the "6 month" thing? Is it 24 weeks or 6 months (eg his
birthday was May 26, so he won't technically be 6 months until Nov 26th,
but will be 24 weeks next week).

The WHO recommendations do actually give it as 6 months practically to the
day. However, if you read them, they're surprisingly flimsy - there are
_no_ studies showing an advantage of waiting until 6 months as opposed to
4 months. Of course, there are physiological reasons why 6 months is
likely to be better (more digestive enzymes, better head control, no
tongue thrust reflex) but I really don't think a week or two in a baby
who's already enjoying trying out solids is going to make a scrap of
difference.

Yesterday as I was reading I was thinking this very thought. Its very
flimsy.

But how do we _know_ that nobody ever said on their deathbed that they
wished
they'd spent more time at the office?

Every time I read this sig, I laugh, and am reminded of my father who whined
to me when he was 65 that he should have spent more time with me when I was
a kid instead of working. I agree with him, although compared to my friends
dads who spent the weekends working on the lawn and watching football, he
was a total peach.