Old July 14th 03, 08:02 PM

Default any tips on washing DD's hair?

"Beeswing" wrote in message
Jean wrote:

Hi, are there any tips to wash DD_s (about 3yo) hair without her
screaming throughout the whole process? In standing position, I have
her head facing downward and hands covering face. Are there any better
methods? Thanks in advance!

My daughter, at that age, did better if she could hold a washcloth across

her
eyes and face rather than just cover them with her hands. Good luck.

beeswing

I did that as a kid...now I still hate to get water in my face unless
swimming. my kids are used to getting their faces wet and seem to enjoy it.
I guess we just started out slowly, looking up.
FWIW, my DH rinses his hair looking down. I have done that too when it was
short (waist length now). it usually does not go in eyes or ears that way,
whereas looking up water has potential to go in ears a little more.
Edith