Old May 24th 07, 11:57 PM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues[_3_]

Default Please Look for this Little Girl and Pass on This Post (translate and cross post if Possible too)

"Rosalie B." wrote in message

Leaving children in a locked room is not the same as hanging a sign on
the kids neck saying "Take Me".

While it may be true that baby sitting services might have been
available, that isn't necessarily a cure-all unless you also assume
that

a) the baby sitter herself or a cohort wouldn't be the abductor and/or
wouldn't have done something harmful to the child (after all - the
parents wouldn't have the ability to check her out) and

b) that even if they had a sitter, that the sitter would have been
able to prevent the abduction.

My sister and I were traveling with my niece and we did go to dinner
in the hotel after asking for someone to sit with the baby (about a
year old at the time). The person sat outside the room in the hall.
If someone had come through the window, she wouldn't have known.

It's really easy to second guess what people do.

The parents are ultimately responsible for what happens to the kids.
These kids were unattended, in a resort, in a foreign country.
Who knows if someone had eyeballed them before, liked the girl, and grabbed
her when she was unattended?
Unattended children = accident waiting to happen. Just because you did it
before and nothing happened doesn't make it right.