Old February 27th 04, 10:50 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Default What book is this? was "No fear" a police off. perspectiveon punishment

Billy,

Fern may have posted the title of the book, but it was not included her
post below. One problem with the internet is that not everyone reads
everything posted on a daily basis. If one wants to be understood, one
needs to post the necessary references.

I did not read her previous post, and there was no threaded link.

I thank you for providing the title and the link. You supplied what
Fern should have supplied in her post.

LaVonne

billy f wrote:

She did post the name of the book it's called "No fear" Here is a link where
you can order it
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...08839?v=glance.
Chris Dugan did a review on it a few years a go at
http://www.geocities.com/cddugan/NoFear1.htm.
I have read part of the book and he makes his point well though I think
someone could misinterpret his message and use it as a excuse to abuse their
children.

"Carlson LaVonne" wrote in message

What book is this, Fern? I'd like to read it, but I can hardly go to
amazon.com and say "Fern described this book about a police officer that
has witnessed today's youth becoming more defiant." Or can I? Maybe
you are so well known on amazon.com that this is all I need to do. I'll
try it and let you know.

Normally one would include the title, author, publisher, and if
possible, the ISBN number. But maybe just the mention of your name
"Fern" will allow me to order the book.

LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:

Book Description
In his eighteen years of service as a law enforcement officer, Detective

Robert

Surgenor has witnessed an alarming rise in defiance and a total lack of

fear in

Americas youth. In many of todays young people, there is no fear. No

fear of

consequences. No fear of authority. No fear of God. A generation without
conscience.
Interviewing hundreds of juvenile offenders and their families,

Detective

Surgenor discovered that the majority of violent juvenile offenders come

from

homes where there is no corporal punishment, or spanking.

Surgenor advocates the use of corporal punishment, following the wisdom

of King

Solomon in Proverbs 29:15, The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child

left to

himself bringeth his mother to shame.

The book includes an appendix that lists each of the 50 states' laws

regarding

child abuse and parental authority.

------
Available on amazon.com

Would you rather have your kids locked up? Remember the US is the

largest

incarcerator of souls in the WORLD.

Hire an attorney, contact with CPS?

Get the busy-bodies out of family life........