Old August 8th 03, 01:35 PM
hobbes

Default Baby Food Question

"Sue" wrote in message
hobbes wrote in message
but I still refuse to buy jarred baby food. For various
reasons: too expensive, too much trash/recycling, not enough control

over
ingredients, inferior taste.

Nah, you don't throw them away, you make craft projects out of them. One
project was to glue different colored tissue paper on them and put a tea
candle in it. Makes a great gift for grandma. There are a ton of stuff to
use the jars for.

--
Sue
mom to three girls

Yeah, I know . . . I figured recycling could mean different things. But
that's still a heck of a lot of little jars to have all over the place. I
mean, to feed a 9 month old, that would be what? 4 to 7 jars in a day? Plus,
there's the issue of the cost to the environment in just the making of all
those tiny jars and lids.

It's just so simple to make my own, I could never see the point of buying
that stuff. I'm a believer in bulk-buying and to fill my cart with all those
little couple-ounce jars just gets me. I know it's more convenient for some
people, but it was really simpler for me to just make my own. And the taste
really is inferior. I only bought 2 jars of baby food for DS and he hated
them both. After tasting them, I understood why.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (2 years, 5 months) & Arwen (3 months)