Old July 12th 06, 11:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default allergies, gut problems and Neocate Vs breastmilk

Flower girl wrote:
Actually, getting enough vitamins and minerals on the restricted diet is
one
of my friend's concerns but she isn't taking any supplements or meds.

I wouldn't be too concerned, with the variety of vegetable she should be
getting plenty of vitamins which are the ones that seem to have more effect
in the short term, providing she already had good levels in her body before
the restricted diet she should be fine for a while longer. Calcium would
seem to be one that is low, but again if she had good levels before and is
doing plenty of weight bearing exercise (for a mum of small children, just
normal activity is fine), her bone density is very very unlikely to decrease
any more than normal breastfeeding and pregnancy does.

Anne