Old July 4th 04, 01:04 AM
Clisby

Default Learning to keyboard (type) - recommend software for older kids

Banty wrote:
One of the summer assignments (from me) for my 11 year old son going into 7th
grade next year is that he learn to keyboard. It would help him with
assignments, now that some can be turned in typed (his handwriting is
atrocious), and he's falling into a hunt-and-peck two-finger habit when he does
type which I don't want to set in.

What is a good software program for this? Windoze98.

Thanks,
Banty

Are there still books available on teaching yourself to type? I would
think that would be just as good as a software program. I taught
myself to type as a teenager (using a typewriter), but I could have used
the same method with a keyboard.

Clisby