Old April 2nd 04, 06:38 PM
Robyn Kozierok

Default 3yo avoiding potty training

In article ,
Bev Brandt wrote:

So, one morning as he was kind of struggling putting on his diaper and
complaining that the process was too slow and he couldn't do it by
himself, I casually said: "Underwear is easier to put on and faster."
He trotted up to his room, got his underwear out (we'd also switched
him over to a chest of drawers that he could more easily open) and put
on underwear. I told him that was great, but I didn't say too much
else because he'd done this part before.

Later that day I got a call at work from *my* *son* telling me that
he'd been peeing in the potty all day. He was very excited about it
and very proud! (Being in a business environment and chatting it up
with your 3 year old on the phone is surreal.)

That was about a week ago and he hasn't "backslid" yet. A few minor
accidents, but overall, we couldn't be happier! The kid even gets up
in the middle of the night to go!

Another data point in the "they'll do it when they're ready" camp and
hope that even late trainers eventually train.

Awesome! Congrats to you and your son.

No miracles here yet, but we mention the pleasure of underwear from
time to time. He hasn't tried them on yet. He'll probably decide to
wear underwear the day before we leave on our summer vacation :-O

Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)
--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing." -- Theodore Roosevelt