Old September 22nd 06, 01:29 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
beeswing

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Chris wrote:

My older son who turned 15 yesterday didn't go last year, but I think
he did the year before, when he was 13--partly because he went with his
9 year old brother. Evan, who will turn 11 just before Halloween and is
in 6th grade will probably want to go this year, but I imagine it will
be his last. We live in a rural area and they usually only go to 5-8
houses on our road. Everyone only gets a dozen or so trick or
treaters, so they give out handfuls of candy. He probably gets as much
from those houses as if he went to 20-30 and got one piece at every
stop. Halloween is my least favorite holiday of all and we are pretty
low-key about it, so I don't expect either boy to really persist in
trick or treating very much longer.

Chris

Thanks for the data point. It's great that your trick-or-treating is so
low key. Here in the city it's a wee bit different...the kids (my kid
included) are primarily out for megaloads of candy.

beeswing