Old September 23rd 06, 12:47 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Paula

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:30:26 EDT, "beeswing" wrote:

I told her that I considered her viewpoint and asked the question in a
newsgroup I respected...and that I was willing to change my mind.

I hope what she learns from this is that I *will* listen to her and her
reasons (but not necessarily in every case agree with her) and that I'm
open to taking advice and suggestions from people whose viewpoints I
respect...and finally, that I'm open to changing my mind if the
evidence weighs that way.

I think those are good lessons for a kid to have no matter what his or
her age.

Absolutely! It's the kids who are afraid to even bring up a subject
with their parents who sneak out and get into the most trouble. If
she knows she can talk to you about it and you will listen to her and
take her viewpoint into consideration, it will mean a lot to her and
to your relationship with her. Kids care a lot about being heard and
really understood and respect you for it even when they don't always
get their way.

Well done to both you and your daughter! And Happy Halloween!

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,