Old April 28th 04, 04:14 AM
Paul Fritz

Default chores?

"Cele" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:57:02 GMT, lm
wrote:

On 27 Apr 2004 18:15:12 GMT, oaway (Joelle) wrote:

I'm terrible at making them do chores. Now that they are older and

want more
money I find paying them to do stuff is a great motivator. Yes I know

I should
make them do more just because it's part of the family blah blah

blah - but
it's such a hassle, they do a lousy job if they aren't motivated and

I'm just
too lazy to ride them about it.

Whatever works. Right now the family blah blah blah works for my guys
-- they're young and we *bought* this place rather than rented so it's
still an adventure to work on it. Later I'm sure money will play a
bigger part.

lm

I'm too lazy to ride 'em too, and that's part of why I did the same
family thing you're doing. I also made 'em do their own laundry
starting at ten. Saved me being harassed to get clothing item X ready
at the last minute. I didn't like to tie allowance to chores because I
figure they should contribute to the family regardless. After all, *I*
do. But I expect help when I ask for it. However, it's also that I'm
lazy. And busy.

Cele

The other advantage of the kids doing their own laundry is you cannot be
accused of shrinking their clothes when they are growing 3 -4 inches a year
LOL