Old December 29th 03, 10:04 PM
Larry McMahan

Default Giving baby a bottle

He is 5 months old now. Wait until he learns to drink from a cup.
(or teach him to use one now)

Larry

asl writes:
: Hi, I've been reading this group for a while, and I have a question
: I'm sure someone out there can answer. DS will be 5 months old on the
: 1st of January. I stay-at-home and don't have much reason (so far) to
: give a bottle. At some point I would like to go to the movies, shop,
: etc without DS along. I did go on a big shopping day a few hours from
: my home and left DS with his dad. He hated the bottle of EBM. It
: would take an hour of him crying before he would take the bottle. He
: didn't eat much all day, he waited for me to get home. A friend
: suggested pumping at least one bottle a week for dad to give DS. That
: way he gets used to it and if I want to go somewhere it won't be a
: traumatic event. Will this work, or did I wait to long to introduce
: the bottle?

: Thanks,

: April