Old April 5th 07, 08:52 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Family Calendar management

On Apr 4, 5:24 pm, "Claire" wrote:

How are you tracking this sort of thing these days? A big piece of
paper in the kitchen? Electronically? Mom's head?

Everything goes on my work calendar (Outlook). Since I work from home,
I have easy access to my work calendar at home. No one else can see/
write to it, but I just put everything in my calendar and remind
people of the things they need to remember. Everyone in the family
seems to be happy for me to be the "keeper of the calendar" for now
and they don't mind that they can't access it directly. They just ask
me. Sometimes the PM me from another computer in the house. ;-)

I like using a computerized calendar program because I need those
little reminders that pop up to remind me of what I need to do.
Otherwise I can get engrossed in my work and forget to do things. It
is useful to have my personal appointments on my work calendar so that
people can easily tell when I am really free. (They can't see the
content.) If it's someone else's appointment and I don't have to take
them, then I can still set it so that I show up as available at that
time.

When my company used MeetingMaker I used to sync regularly to my palm,
but it's messier with outlook (since I want to keep my Palm sync for
other applications) so I don't do it much anymore. Since I'm at my
computer most of the time when reminders pop up, I don't need the
portable version as much anymore, and I usually just take the old-
fashioned appointment cards from doctors etc. until I enter it into
Outlook.

--Robyn