Old August 5th 03, 05:54 PM
bobb

Default FWD bad judgement or abuse Trunk kids begged to ride

Kane, all these incidents you mentioned were unsupervised. Big difference.

Don't beg the issue by saying today's astronauts now have larger living
quarters. I'm not that easily distracted from the original thought.

We don't? I guess my psych 101 college class was a waste of time, at
least the early childhood development and learning theory parts then.
We seemed to cover them in depth so well I was motivated to go on and
study learning theory in far greater detail.

I'm a little miffed the researchers wasted my time fooling me into
believing they had decades, actually centuries, of study of the
subject. I should have just come and asked you how to learn.

Fortunately, I was never subjected to the brain-washing of drivers ed. I
say that because I was surprised to learned some very basics of safe driving
are not taught. That's another subject but suffice it to say I have driven
cars and trucks and buses, I have driven in more that 30 countries under
varying laws and conditions.. all without an accident.

Good luck on your book, and feel free to give me credit. It'll be a best
seller for sure.

Those who put
them there will claim they were following the laws, too.

It's not to say there aren't any guilty people in jail.. but it does seem
there are far too many innocents. Remember, the only one exposed to date
have been those on death row. This say nothing about those who are in jail
for lesser crimes. This is to say nothing about those who plead guitly to
crime they didn't committ in order to avoid a longer sentence. It's called
plea bargining... or legal black mail... take your choice.

I wasn't talking about the likes of a Richard Speck. The majority of people
in jail are there for much less serious crimes. But, as I've often said,
there are those who need to the move the extreme to justify a point when all
else fails.

As for ENRON and other white collar criminals... they have stolen millions
of dollars. Yet now matter how long their jail sentences are they will
have gained more money each year than we will in a lifetime. In very few
instances will they ever be called upon to repay what they have stolen.
Therein lies a huge injustice. And do they really do 'hard time'?
Hahaha.... I think not. The familes of convicted while collar criminals
will go on with little effect. Dad may as well be on vacation yet he
defrauded and stole from thousands, if not thousands of people... and who
knows how many were driven to suicide and bankruptcy.

Still... there are those who advocate jailing a mother who engaged in
'negligent' behavior or did in fact use poor judgement and suffered the loss
of a child. A lifetime sentence of guilt.

Think as you will...but justice and fairness is sorely lacking in our legal
system.

bobb