Old March 1st 04, 05:39 AM
Sami

Default reasons I've heard for not breastfeeding

"Marie" wrote in message
3) it's just *icky*

Sex isn't? Giving birth isn't? Changing diapers isn't? I think any
excuse is selfish. There is no reason not to breastfeed if you are
able to. I don't see how any mother could just choose not to out of
some stupid reason like "it's icky". I was in classes with a girl who
was going to be an RN in an OB's office, and when we were discussing
breastfeeding one day she said "I ain't never lettin' no baby suck my
titty!" Like it's something disgusting!

That's exactly how I feel about it. Its not something I'm comfortable with
and I'm sure a baby can sense that. Rather than create a miserable
experience for both of us, I'll choose not to breastfeed. I wasn't
breastfed and my sister was. She is allergic to everything (even water) and
is sick often. I don't have any allergies and am rarely ever sick.
Therefore, if it doesn't effect how healthy a child winds up being I don't
feel that its that much of an issue.