Old June 22nd 06, 10:07 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Sterilizing pumps & bottles...for how long?!

"isturby" wrote in message

My daughter is just over 6 months now, and I rarely feed her by bottle,
however I still need to express milk (or I'll blow up). At what age is
it safe to stop sterilizing the pump and bottles/nipples? I'll still
do it, however was wondering if it is really necessary.

to answer the original question, don't do it if you have a good water supply

but as for they why of pumping, if you keep doing it you'll keep needing to
do it, I suggest that next time you do it, you note how much you pump and
the next day pump and ounce less and so on, until you aren't pumping, you'll
have a stash for any bottles you want to give and will still be able to pump
occasionally if you need to.

Anne