Old November 21st 03, 11:35 PM
Anonymous

Default Crib opinion

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:00:03 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

How do you choose a crib? I know one thing, I don't know if I like the ones
on wheels...? I also don't know if $350 is too much for what the crib is
made of- it could be worth it if it's a good sturdy crib, or it could also
be sort of cheapo-constructed. I guess I need to start going in person....I
would be afraid to order online sight unseen.
Any comments?

Go with what you can afford, of course. But on the purely practical
level, make sure it's something you can easily lower and raise in the
middle of night, half-sleep, possibly with a baby in arms. (I tried
to get in the habit of lowering the crib, and leaving it that way,
every morning and after every cribbed-nap. Not fun, to try to lower
the side with a sleeping baby you're trying to lay down and urgently
not wake up.) Try to find a model of the crib you want, and try it
out. There's much beautiful baby stuff out there, and some of it is
not practical, or not practical for some mothers.