Old November 18th 03, 08:11 PM
chiam margalit

Default names question

"Middletree" wrote in message ...
We have a new boy, to be born in early March. When discussing names, my wife
and I went through baby names books and websites, just like many people.
It was neat to learn what different names mean, but I couldn't find any information
resource which would give you possible names based on meanings. In other
words, I could find out that Sarah means "princess", but if I knew I wanted
to name my kid a name which means "princess", how would I go about finding
a list of possible names for that meaning?

For the record, I am looking for a boy name which is biblical or derived
from a bible name, and which means something along the lines of "abundant",
"fulfilled", or "overflowing".

There is a book by Kolatch called The Name Dictionary, which is a
hebrew dictionary of names. YOu can read each entry for meanings and
it also has the relationship of male/female names, plus related
sounding names. So, if you look up Rose, you'll find an entry for
Shoshana (hebrew for Rose), the male equivalent if there is one, and
related names. It also has a very in depth explanation of the meaning
and etymology of the name.

Marjorie