Old December 15th 08, 09:50 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics
DB[_4_]

Default Can Men get Organized?

"RogerN" wrote in We heard about the atrocities in
Kuwait but we don't very often hear about
the atrocities of our government and legal system on NCP's. We need to
get the word out so next time a politician talks about cracking down on
deadbeat dads, perhaps someone will ask why a man was jailed for not
paying support for kids that he didn't even know.

RogerN

It's too easy to beat up on Dead Broke Dads because they don't have a voice
or the money to fund a campaign to bring attention to the abuses in the C$
system.

Politicians have built their careers on the backs of NCP parents who fall
behind their payments for many reasons.

Layoffs, injury, lower paying jobs and how many soldiers came back from the
war only to be arrested as soon as they touched American soil for failure to
pay the high rates set when they were working in the civilian world.

I hate the true Deadbeat too, the guy that walks away from his child or
abandons children that know him, but these types are far and few between and
tend to be more women that dump their kids for the new boyfriend.
Everyone in the CS system should not be tarred with same brush, most
arrearages are created by the system because they are out of touch with
reality and are not flexible with the times.