Old December 14th 03, 03:54 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Default Back to work

Ellie wrote:

I go back to work in 3 weeks - don't want to but not really got any choice.
Does anybody know how much BM I need to be trying to pump to keep the twins
going without supplementing with formula. I work nights so will be leaving
the house at 11.30pm and be back home around 9am, I plan to nurse as soon as
I get in but then need to try and get some sleep. I thought if I started
pumping now I could get some stored in the freezer but I've no idea how much
I should try pumping per day considering I'm still fully nursing (I will be
able to pump at work no problem). So ... anybody out there with twins who
can help, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

I'd try and work in a few extra sessions each day and maybe one at
night. Also, if you nurse the twins separately, instead of tandem, you
could pump one breast whilst one baby nurses from the other.

I never had to build up a freezer stash for my twins so I really don't
know how much you will need.

You might want to consider taking a galactagogue for a bit to boost your
supply until you get into a good rhythym.

Another thing you might want to do is re-post the question with a
"twin-specific" subject line to grab the attention of us twin moms. :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau