Old May 11th 05, 12:55 AM
Nikki

Kevin Karplus wrote:
On 2005-05-10, Nikki wrote:
I do have a rule that once you leave, your meal is over.

If we had this rule, my son would use it almost every day to skip
dinner. Food does not motivate him!

Lucky for me the one that wants to run run run (4yo) is the one with an
appetite!!

My 6yo would skip meals but he stays at the table better. He also eats
better since he's been in school. I don't think he eats much lunch. He has
turned into fidget/squirm king but he never wants to leave.

The other dinner rule is "no reading". (We have an exception for
reading aloud something to share with the family.) This rule has been
hard on him (and on me), since our natural inclination is to read
while we eat, but it has helped us have conversations at dinner.

I'd have never thought of that! I made a 'no TV at supper' rule. My dh
loves tv. He turns cartoons on in the morning. They sit still but they
don't eat very well.

--
Nikki