Old September 4th 06, 02:40 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

Default Is letting a baby sleep on your chest a big no-no?

"cjra" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've seen elsewhere people comment that they're 'bad parents' for
letting their baby sleep on their chest (I have asked there as well).
Is this like sleeping on the stomach and another SIDS risk?

I have never heard that it is. Hunter did all the time for over a year. I
think the biggest risk would be if the parent fell asleep and the baby
slipped down and got stuck in between the parent and the chair or something.
I always watched dh real closely because he sleeps so soundly and he'd also
have a beer or two in the evening at times and even a little alcohol made me
very paranoid so I'd never sleep if Hunter was napping on dh. Which is
unfortunate because I was so sleep deprived myself!
\

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99