Old March 21st 07, 02:39 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

Default A second chance !?

Bev wrote:-

Nah, it's ok.......the upset is quickly becoming amusement for me,
which is then predictable, and ends up just plain boring. I am in a
situation that leaves me bound to where I am for now. I have no job ,
no income,

It sounds like you have a full time job there! how could you
find time to do anything else but care for the family? Cant
you work from home doing something? is there an arrangement
where everyone in the house can pitch in there and share a
workload? In my dreams when I married I thought our long
term plan would be someday have a business together, so if
I sound like I'm unrealistic I absolutely understand but
it will work for some parents with extended family I guess.

I was broken physically there for a while. My 19 year old
daughter and her fiancee, two kids, are also sharing this home with
myself and my "relationship gone wild" situation.I just came back
after a month long being away and I am so certain now that this is
past over for me.. I am not happy at all. I want to help my daughter
and her fiance' and my grand children. I am only here because they are
here. If things were different , if my daughter was ready for me to
let her go I would not have come back. I need to get my income started
back up but my moms health has gone from "she wont make it through the
weekend " 3-4 weekends ago, to now being in a rehab center to get
strong enough to go back home again.

I'm really sad about your mom, but really happy that shes
feeling better, does she live with you? if you're her
primary carer don't you get some support from somewhere?

I am still needed out of state
within the next month or so, so I can work some **** job in the
meantime that I can just drop when I need to go back. All this just
keeps telling me I am up the creek at the moment. On top of all those
thoughts I have to live with, look at and be pleasant to someone that
just don't get it. I wasn't good enough for you the past year, I'm
over it, go away!

Maybe there should be a national 'Lose Your Rag' day?
and the next day everything that was said or done is totally
forgiven....an amnesty on 'Hand Your Fury Over' week?
and a 'Get The ****er Back!' hour. I'm being silly, but
other peoples misbehaviour is forgiven if we love them,
and theres some good things to look forward together for.
I know being part of a couple is different, its like so
damned difficult, like too afraid to split up because you
love them and they've become part of your life, and too
worn down an frail to cope with any disaster. What did I
do? I gave up! at sometime it became clear and I had to
admit to me that whatever I did was wrong! simple. Then
I met someone who said I was right.

heh expectations....just this morning I make a comment about how "I
must refill my meds today " and I get the "Oh yea me too , do mine
too!" I said " So you think I am the hired help still?" Be a grown up
and refill your own meds" I don't want to be so bitter about
relationships because they do work sometimes it can be a nice thing,
even this one "was" a nice thing at one time. I'm not sure what
happened maybe just life happened and it ended up not being what we
expected it to be . I know what I wanted it to be didn't last.When
your feelings begin to be unimportant to someone what other choice do
you have but to wipe away the tears and walk away.

or maybe have a mutual respect, and unless theres any funny
business going on between you, agree you're both fed up, pat
each other on the back and remind yourselves of how well you've
coped together through other misfortunes in the past, remind
yourselves it isnt all fairytales. My past relationships have
been hetro, I'm not too sure if that makes an awful lot of
difference, maybe you see a difference if you were married
or commonlaw, I couldn't do without a man about, but then I
couldn't do without a woman either. I don't cry on a mans
shoulder but I will ask for advice. Are there any fathers
here who could offer some advice?

luv