Old August 31st 08, 05:03 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.legal,soc.men,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated
tjab

Default ""SERIOUS JAIL TIME"" Betty weighs in

In article ,
Kent Wills wrote:
On 31 Aug 2008 10:50:44 -0400, (tjab) wrote:

[...]

"I have no idea if a Cuban jail is a place I would want to be."

- Kent Wills

Are you claiming you DO know?

You didn't just say you didn't know. You said you had "no idea."

OK, if you want to play the semantics game...
At the time I wrote the quote, I'd done NO checking into what the
conditions of Cuban jails are/were. As such, I had no idea.
Based on what I've found since then, I seriously doubt I would
enjoy a stay, but I still don't actually KNOW.
Since I have no plans on visiting Cuba, and don't commit actions
that tend to land one in jail, I doubt I'll ever have the specific
knowledge one way or the other.
I accept Kenneth Robert Pangborn's specific knowledge (he claimed
to KNOW) that I wouldn't enjoy it. My limited research gives me
reason to believe he's correct.

That's a level of ignorance about which most people would not brag.

If you know, how do you know?

How do you know all jail time is serious?

Avoidance noted. Even so, I'll play along.
If one is sentenced to jail time, it's serious.

Here's a clue: When you're asked how you know something, simply
repeating the claim is not an answer. You write:

If one is sentenced to jail time, it's serious.

Again, how do you know? I ask you because it may help you understand
how Pangborn could know that you wouldn't want to be in a Cuban
jail without actually having been in one. Then again, maybe the
basis for *your* claim is that you *have* been incarcerated. In
fact, given the logic you present above (not to mention your
criminal record), it would be a reasonable conclusion to draw.