Old November 5th 03, 09:01 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default FAO Donna Metler and other music fiends!

Chookie wrote:

Tonight, as we sat down to dinner, DS suddenly said, "The song about the bird?"

"The Lark Ascending" had just started playing on the radio. We last heard it
about a week ago, when I had told him it was about a bird.

DS is not quite 32 months :-0

I thought it was a fluke when he identified Dvorak's "Song to the Moon" a few
months ago. (At least it's easy to tell him about birds and moons -- he
wanted to know what "E lucevan le stelle" was about yesterday. He's
definitely Too Young To Know!)

So -- do I start saving for the piano now?

;-) I don't think it's that unusual for a child
of that age to identify songs like that if he's been
exposed to them, but you're obviously providing a rich
environment that will encourage him musically.
Regardless, start saving for the piano now--they're
not cheap, and I still think it's always best to
start on piano regardless of what other instruments
you might pick up later!

Best wishes,
Ericka