Old November 6th 03, 04:48 PM
Robyn Kozierok

Default FAO Donna Metler and other music fiends!

In article ,
Chookie wrote:

BTW, are (cheaper) electric pianos as good as the Real Thing for music
students these days, or is a Proper Piano still advisable? I am aware that
the very good ones are at least as pricey as a piano.

Only for beginners, is my understanding. For a beginner all you really
need are touch-sensitive full-sized keys. A "sustain" pedal is good
too. My 7yo took pre-piano last year and is taking private piano
lessons this year. We have an electronic keyboard that does not have
88 keys but it's fine for his current needs.

--Robyn