Old January 26th 04, 09:17 PM
Shannon

Default calorically dense toddler snacks?

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
*Does she *look* healthy, just thin? I tend to put much more stock in how
*kids look than what the numbers say, but that's just me.

Looks darn healthy to me, but I have seen plenty of healthy-looking
animals with weird failure-to-thrive stuff happen during the first year,
so I don't want to write it off without looking into it.

Good point. It just seems odd that a clearly good eater, as you have
described her, would not be putting on weight sort of normally.

Friend of mine had a boy in a similar situation - falling far behind his
fraternal twin in growth, but still looked darn healthy. He was diagnosed
with borderline renal acidosis (I think that's what it was) and given the
medication for it (no side effects, so couldn't hurt). He's rapidly
catching up, so they're glad they checked.

What about eggs? I forgot about that - we used to make cheese omelets all
the time, and DS gobbled them down.

I think someone mentioned smoothies - you can pack quite a lot of calories
into a smoothie if you try.

-Shannon