Old April 28th 06, 09:07 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default 10 tips for nutrition (by Nestle)

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/page...n_april06.html

I was just browsing the parent site of this link and saw '10 tips for
nutrition' so I thought, great, I need some new food ideas for Will (11
months old yesterday).

Bam - a nice little Nestle advertisement pops up.

The first point is this:

•Â*Breast milk is the perfect food for a baby, it contains all the
nutrition your baby needs for the six months, with the added bonus of
antibodies and other properties important to baby’s health and
development. Health authorities recommend that you breastfeed your baby
for at least six months if possible.
How much misinformation could they get into one small paragraph about
breastfeeding? I don't see antibodies as added bonuses of breastmilk,
do you? I thought they were normal for a baby to be consuming for the
first few years of life! ... and I'm sure Health Authorities recommend
you breastfeed for longer than six months!
/rant

Jo
--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife