Old May 19th 04, 08:01 PM
Ilse Witch

Default 1914

On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:45:27 +0000, Richard wrote:

You don't want to give birth to your midwife, you want to give birth to a
baby. After your baby is born, your midwife is out of your life. Your
baby is in your arms (and heart!). If delaying progesterone supplementation
by a week might make the difference, who cares if your midwife called you
back or not?

Hehe, you're right. But all the midwifes at my practice seem to believe
that the low progesterone is the consequence, not the cause for the low
hCG and from what I have read on the web, they seem to be right in that.
Since taking the wild yam supplements is so far doing the same thing for
me, I'll continue that for another week and see what the u/s shows. They
will not be doing any more bloodtests until then anyway.

Swallow your emotions, get your progesterone numbers, and, if warranted,
take action. If this sounds brusque, blunt to the point of ungracious
harshness, please consider it "tough love". That's the spirit in which
it's given.

Well, it'd be hard for them to give me those numbers, as the lab hasn't
tested for it again. They've only been doing hCG so far.

To answer your other question, our beta-hCG numbers were okay, but we
were told that progesterone deficiency can lead to lower hCG numbers.

Interesting. Most stuf that I have read so far seems to point in the other
direction. But it's a fact that the exact interactions between all the
hormones in the female body is not well understood at all. Things may be
going either way.

Our numbers increased significantly when we started using Prometrium.

Which? The hCG or progesterone?

and ain't this just like a man, trying to fix things. :-/

Hehe, so right...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)