Old July 3rd 03, 01:11 AM
David desJardins

Default Graduation

Jeff Utz writes:
When the kids walked in descending order of GPA for those who got
honors and highest honors (those who did not get honors came in
alphabetical order after those with honors). I liked this. It let
those who worked harder stay near the front.

Do you really think there's a positive correlation between working
harder and getting better grades? If there is such a correlation, it's
very weak. I'm not even sure that the correlation isn't negative in
many cases (i.e., the brightest kids don't have to work hard at all, to
get good grades).

David desJardins