Old November 18th 05, 02:39 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Another homework responsibility question

Rosalie B. wrote:

I'm not Scott but I've dealt with it myself, and what I do is start in
the middle or at the end. Sometimes it is just too hard to start at
the beginning and go to the end.

Just write something - one paragraph or even a letter to someone. Or
write out what you want to accomplish with that assignment as if you
are the teacher. Set out one paragraph as the goal and then do
something else. If one paragraph is too much, then do one sentence.
Then come back and start over someplace else in the assignment and
write one paragraph and then go away and do something else. Etc.

We were dealing with a line at a time the last few nights. Just
completing some sentence starters was the task. But the way you break
it up here sounds good...less intimidating. Maybe she could be doing
work on other assignments in between "thinking" about the writing one.
(I keep wondering about whether that might world; it would keep her
moving, at least.)

She did finally get it done and finished the last part of another
assignment to boot. So that's the good news.

Thanks for the idea!

beeswing