Old November 18th 05, 02:41 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Another homework responsibility question

dragonlady wrote:

I found with two of my kids that becoming their scribe helped with the
writer's block. They dictated, I wrote (or typed), resisting like hell
the urge to correct their grammer or improve their syntax.

I didn't have to do it often, but they were able to do the creative part
of writing provided they didn't actually have to put pen to paper.

(Note that I didn't do this regularly -- or even that often -- but I DID
do it when they seemed significantly blocked. Being able to just talk
helped those two kids.)

Thanks for reminding me of this techique. I tried it a few times when
she was much younger, but for some reason I'd pretty much forgotten
about it.

beeswing