Old December 13th 07, 09:02 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Default Organic milk / hormone free milk

toto wrote in
:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:53:24 -0800 (PST), Beliavsky
wrote:

On the subject of milk, I place no value on the "organic"
label, but I do wonder when my kids should start drinking
skim (fat-free) milk like their parents, rather than whole
milk. Right now the two boys (2 and 4yo) are a bit skinny,
so we are continuing with whole milk.

Children need more fat than adults at least until they are
2 or 3, as I understand it.

yes, fat helps brain cells develop.
last i looked, the recommendation for transitioning to 2%
milk was 4 years. low-fat/no-fat milk is not recommended for
children.
lee