Old July 15th 04, 04:43 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default Can a baby catch Herpes?

In outparenting.com,
prettybutrfly126 wrote:

*Ok, besides reading whats on the internet reguarding herpes I went ahead
*and called my babys pediatritian and he informed me that she may not have
*herpes because its usually on the genitals or the mouth. He said she must
*have invitigo which looks similar to herpes and is caught by contact. My
*pediatrician said that as long as the baby didnt have an open wound than
*its rare he will catch it. But if he shows any signs it will be within 21
*days. So i will keep you all posted. Thanks for the help.

That's good to hear.

That being said of course - now I wonder, DOES your sister have herpes, or
not? I mean, you said she did and of course we took you at your word, but
I personally had assumed you knew she had received a proper diagnosis of
herpes from a physician. If you know for a fact that your sister has
herpes, you should make sure the pediatrician understands that too. I had
a friend in college who had recurrent herpes on her distal thigh area
(kind of near her knee), it was definitely herpes, she had it cultured and
everything.