Old January 7th 08, 09:59 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

Default math facts practice is boring

In article ,
"Stephanie" wrote:

Anyone know of any fun games to play to practice math facts? We have math
blaster which is a ton of fun and very helpful. But I am looking for
addition and subtraction facts to 12 to practice on. And I HATE drills. They
make me think of a friend of mine whose father screamed at him while doing
flash cards.

DS1's teacher had a fun game where children got to roll two dice and sum the
two numbers. Whoever called out the answer first got to roll the dice next.
She also did it with subtraction. You could modify this for one child.

Involve whatever your child's interests are and don't practice for too long.
Five or ten minutes of work (depending on other homework) is plenty unless
your child is a lot older than i think.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/