Old July 22nd 06, 02:13 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Andrea Phillips

Default Breastfeeding challenges

cjra wrote:
Let me see my chart...
Since 4:30 pm yesterday (it's now 7:09 pm, so almost 27 hours), she's
had 10 stool diapers (and pretty messy ones at that) and 4 wet diapers.

Bear in mind that a lot of those stool diapers may also have urine in
them. In the beginning, it was rare for my daughter to have any diapers
that were *just* wet (and it usually meant we'd jumped the gun in
changing her!)

I'm pretty sure the wisdom at this age is that as long as the number of
all diapers together is within an acceptable range, you should be fine.
She couldn't poop if she weren't getting milk, and if she's getting
enough milk to produce poop that often on what is essentially a liquid
diet, I don't see how she could be dehydrated. It's not like she's
eating pretzels. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Of course, if you're prone to worry anyhow, keep your eye on whether
she has a slobbery mouth (good!) or lethargy and sunken fontanelles
(bad!) In general, if she looks and acts healthy... she probably is.

You're doing great