Old July 24th 06, 12:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
arachne

Default Breastfeeding & Adoption?

FlowerGirl wrote:
"arachne" wrote in message

Jo wrote:

I spoke to my cousin who is going to be adopting. She asked about
breastfeeding and how can she produce milk. There is a lot of
information online, but I was hoping to hear from someone who had
actually done it and how they went about it. How difficult was it?

Jo

the australian breastfeeding association produces a great booklet called
relactation & adoptive breastfeeding. (see
http://www.mothersdirect.com.au/prod141.htm)

There was an article from an adoptive bf Mum in the latest Essence mag too I
think. A very interesting read, not just about the methodology for
stimulation the production of breastmilk, but on the emotional attachments
formed and strengthened by bf.
Amanda

yep. interesting article. i was going to post about it but it's not
available online. good reason to subscribe!

--
elizabeth (in australia)
mum to DS1 "cheese" (almost 4 yrs) & DS2 "chalk" (almost 10 mths)

"Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children" - Classified Ad

"If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come
down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything." - Gregory Maguire,
"Mirror Mirror"