Old May 4th 04, 12:36 AM
John Doe

Default Have you tried an electric toothbrush?

(CBI) wrote
"Nic" wrote in message

My dentist says it makes no differance using a normal brush or a
electric brush.

Consumers reports agrees that it makes no difference.

Care to provide a quotation/citation? An issue date?

Your signature is "CBI, MD". Does that suggest you are a doctor? A doctor
of misinformation?

Where do you practice?

If you have any experience with hand versus power tools, you should be able
to understand the difference between polishing/cleaning something by hand
versus an electrical polisher.

Me thinks some people are feeling a little guilty for not taking good care
of their kids dental health. And you should IMO, unless perhaps you live in
Siberia/China and your economy isn't good enough to readily provide such
things. Here in the United States, electric toothbrushes cost little as $5
(five US dollars). The rechargable batteries cost extra but will save money
and trips to the store in a short while.

Without a doubt, there is a huge positive difference using an electric
toothbrush.

The one caveate, especially with kids, is that if they have more fun
with it and use it longer it may help.

I would caution against using an electric toothbrush for a long time. Like
any polisher/cleaner, manual or electric, a brush wears on things. An
electric toothbrush can and will accomplish more of that abraisive action
in a fraction of the time. You can accomplish the same amount of cleaning
in much less time, long as you reach the same areas. Since you hold the
brush head still, applying it to one point is very easy. So you not only
have the pulsing action, you can concentrate the action in the exact right
area (like in the back of your mouth). But again, not good to do so for a
long time, IMO.

Mine has very soft bristles, so I can use it for quite a while. Over the
years, it has even removed plaque. My teeth have never been cleaner (I also
floss regularly).

But seriously. If you haven't tried one, and you can buy one easily, go for
it. Your kids will be much better off for your good/experienced advice.

--
CBI, MD

news.ops.worldnet.att.net!wnmaster11!wn52feed!worl dnet.att.net!199.218.7.14
1!news.glorb.com!postnews1.google.com!not-for-mail
From:
(CBI)
Newsgroups: misc.kids.health
Subject: Have you tried an electric toothbrush?