Old June 30th 05, 07:04 PM

You have your own emotional baggage to deal with and you're not
responsible for the actions of your parents. If you can assist your
siblings without affecting the well being of your marriage and your
kids (which i can't see as a possibility), then do so.

Your mother made her bed (don't put the blame just on your dad), now
she has to sleep in it.

Good luck.

Regards...

Andrea S wrote:
Hi,

I am the eldest of 5. As a kid I was beaten and abused. We had parents that
never showed us love, I was kept out of school to care for 4 kids.

I have lived away from my parents since I was 15.... my sister came to live
with me when she was 15 and I was 18... I took my parents to court and won.
She only stayed a year. My brother now16 came to live with me last year for
6 months and now has also gone.

My last sister age 14 has called me begging to stay too! 15 mins before she
called I had my mother begging me to take her, she is working 12 hour shifts
and the kids fend for themselves. They have suffered violence, but my mum
divorced that man 2 yrs ago so they have been ok. My mum says she is
drinking, staying out all night and bringing gangs of kids to party (who
have stolen, broken windows and eaten all her food). She hasn't been to
school regular and I know for a fact she has depression.

I know my sister is craving her mothers love which she will never have... my
mum is an ice queen, never hugs, kisses or says those much needed magic
words "I love you".

My sister says her mum doesn't love her, works long hours and spends the
rest of the time in the pub/bar with her boyfriend who likes to drink.

Any advice? I need to lay down ground rules but don't want to be too
heavy... I want to get her depression sorted and work towards getting her
back into school.

Andrea mom of 5 and waiting for our Daughter baby Anya to be born in
October.