Old July 31st 03, 05:12 PM
Beeswing

Default Kids drinking out of a garden hose

Scott DD 10 and DS 7 wrote:

I mean, the hose wasn't lying in a festering pool of manure before
they drank, was it? I'm not sure why it wouldn't be safe.

You only know where the hose is the minute you grab it. While the exact
scenario you describe is unlikely, you *don't* know where that hose has been or
what it's been used for. That doesn't mean one needs to get paranoid about it,
but it's still something to keep in mind. There's a lot of dirt (*gasp*),
pesticides, fertilizer of various sorts, and whatall in a garden, plus you
don't know if the innards of the hose are clean. That's without even getting
into the question of the quality of the water. I personally don't know how
worried one should be (maybe not at all, which is why I asked the question),
but I do believe there is an issue there to consider, at least.

beeswing