Old December 1st 03, 03:02 PM
~August

Default Illinois Child-Support calculations

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
2 questions;

Does a current spouses(of a CP)income have any bearing on the NCP
child support amount in Illinois?

My husband pays CS through Illinois and my income is not reflected anywhere
in the calculations. He pays a set percent of his net income.

Can a judge legally force the current spouse of a CP to maintain
health insurance on the step-children when the NCP is obligated to do
so under a Marital Settlement Agreement?

I do not believe the judge can force the current spouse to carry insurance
on the step children because the current spouse is not a part of the
proceedings. Even if it could be argued that the step parent has their own
children covered on a policy and the other children could be covered under
the same policy at no cost.... I don't see how the judge can order the
parent to order their spouse to add the children. And the step parent, not
being any part of the current proceeding, could not be directly ordered by
the judge to add them.

I have my kids insured through my work insurance policy. I can do whatever
i want with my policy. Keep it in force, cancel it.... and it is subject to
the terms of my own divorce agreement. I cannot see any instance in which a
judge in my husband and his ex's case can order ME to cover HIS children on
MY policy.

That's how i see it anyway... but with all the stuff that goes on in some of
the courts... who knows.

~August