Old December 14th 07, 10:00 PM posted to misc.kids
mommycom

Default Tips on picking baby gender

Thanks for all the great information everyone! :-)

On Dec 14, 1:36Â*pm, Chris wrote:
On Dec 13, 3:22�pm, mommycom wrote:

We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.

We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!

Thank you.

Well, the sperm that makes it to the egg is what determines the
gender. They say that the male-designated sperm swim faster and die
out faster than the other, and the female-designated sperm swim slower
and live longer. We tried the trick where we used the ovulation
predictor kits to show when ovulation occurred and we made sure to
have a go at *it* just prior to ovulation to get our girl and we got
our girl. So if you want a boy, then targeting closer to actual
ovulation might get you your boy. For example, based on my cycles back
then, we were supposed to try to conceive around 11 days after the
date of my last period. So at 8 days after I started testing, but we
also started trying to conceive. Just like the kit said, it predicted
ovulation 11 days after, but we already had some female-designated
sperm sticking around working its way there from day 8. We did not try
to conceive again either after ovulation was detected.

We actually tried this w/ our last 2 girls, lol. Obviously didn't
work out. ;-)

I think my irregular cycles, along w/ my husband's health history
contributes to our low likelihood to have sons. I'm not saying that
we won't try again though. Maybe fourth time's the charm for us?