Old November 8th 04, 08:30 AM
Jenrose

It sounds like a load of crap to me, that one factor alone like that is
going to make the difference. I think you have to look at positioning for
labour and delivery, not meaning to stir Todd up, but it seems stupid to

put
a large (and possibly unfit) woman on her back where she doesn't have
gravity to help her.
You know, I didn't even think of myself as fat until I read this stupid
guy's post, and worked out I had a BMI of 28. I knew I was carrying a bit

of
extra baby-weight, but I didn't know I was borderline obese.

Also, if a woman is already pretty heavy and relatively inactive, plus
weight gained in pregnancy, this seems that it might correlate to being
less
willing and able to get up and move around during labor, which would tend
prolong labor.

This is my one and only concern about weight in pregnancy for me. It is
DEFINITELY contributing to my mobility difficulty, although the pubic
separation pain is probably more the issue. But it's *tiring* to move around
a whole lot right now, and I know that I'm going to have to get to the point
where I can walk without sending my heartrate through the roof.

(My blood pressure is fantastic. My heartrate is not.)

Jenrose