Thread: Van
View Single Post
Old April 17th 07, 08:56 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx
external usenet poster

Default Van

So, we bought a van.
Nothing fancy, but brand new to me! lol
It's a '96 Chev Lumina, and it's not too bad. It's in great shape on the outside, and although the inside is disgustingly dirty, it can be cleaned. It's dark green outside and inside is grey. It has all bucket seats, which I just might end up liking. Seats 6 (due to bucket seats) but is a lot bigger than that station wagon!
Oh, and coolest part is... It has a air pump thing built into it in the back cargo area! All I need now is a hose, and I'll be rockin' if I ever have a flat tire lol
Anyways, that's about it. I have to wait for my dad to fix a few things... Like the windows he broke and the driver's side door handle. The door handle can't be fixed until they can get the driver's side window up, which seems to be stuck down. My dad thinks it could be the motor, but doesn't know for sure until he can take the door apart and see.
I also have to wait for an alignment on Tuesday. Tie rods and struts (one or the other was on the right side, I believe) but other than that, it runs great and looks great. Not too shabby, and I managed to find myself a deal! I guess I might be able to pick it up tomorrow, depending on when my dad can get around to the window and door handle. The alignment isn't a huge issue, although it does need to be done. Guess I'll be a true soccer mom before the weekend! YAY!