Old October 4th 03, 02:57 AM
dragonlady

Default military schools?

In article ,
"ColoradoSkiBum" wrote:

: What is ODD? I've heard of OCD, but not ODD.
:
:
: Oppositional [something - Defiance, maybe?] Disorder.

Riiiiight, right, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, of course, now I remember.
You'd think I would know that being a high school teacher.

: I think the folks here who have recommended psychiatric evaluation are
: correct, by the way. Not just therapy, but a thorough evaluation by a
: psychiatrist, not psychologist. I think you want an MD doing this --
: your step son is clearly in lots of trouble, in many ways, and a
: complete diagnostic workup could only help.

Right, I agree. How does one get started with this? Just call a
psychiatrist and ask for an evaluation?

That will depend upon your insurance; generally, I'd start by asking
for his regular doctor to make a referral, or call the insurance company
and find out of your mental health benefits are seperate.

Or, if you are going to pay out of pocket, ask around for
recommendations for good psychiatrists who work with children and youth,
and call to make an appointment.

Unfortunately, it takes FOREVER to get these things going!

Good luck.

meh