Old August 25th 05, 07:48 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ws.net,
Michael Corby wrote:

I don't know what the proper description of these pictures is, but they are
like those in the book "Wacky Wednesday" by Dr Seuss. I am looking for some
of those
drawings of a scene with absurd things in it, ie, a table with 3 legs and a
dog with tv antennae on his head. The child has to look at the
superficially normal picture and spot the absurdities.

Are there free resources on the 'net that I can access to print off some
examples of these? My little boy is being intensively educated at home and
with supplementary home therapy as he has autism. These pictures have been
great for him, but we have run out!

I googled a bit and found these:

http://pbskids.org/berenstainbears/games/wrong/
http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/kidspage/picture.htm
http://www.familyeducation.com/print...-12897,00.html
http://www.navlagent.com/bj/page6.htm

Be aware if you're googling around for these things -- there is a prank
out there where you are supposed to "stare at" a picture and see if you
can figure out what is wrong with it, and then suddenly it makes a loud
noise and a scary face pops out at you.

I seem to recall that every Highlights Magazine cover also contains a
wacky picture like this -- your local library (or pediatric dentist's
office ;-)) is probably a good source of back-issues.

Good luck,
--Robyn
..