Old August 26th 07, 05:14 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Flowergirl

Default Sad about the way weaning is happening

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
news

H weaned at the end of Feb, and my milk hasn't quite dried up yet .... I
really miss bf. I don't think there is an easy way to wean.

Both my kids weaned without difficulty - for them! First time, my milk
dried up due to pregnancy, when I realised this was why he was
frustrated at the breast, I just stopped offering and he was fine about
it, never asked for it, he was 17mths, he tried again once the baby was
born and decided it was too sweet.

Same here ... my milk turned to colostrum seemingly overnight and DD weaned
very quickly at 18 mo.

DD was down to one feed, then refused
me when she had a cold and despite me offering, never went back to it,
she was 18mths - that was 8mths ago and I still have milk, it's
frustrating as this keeps causing micro versions of plugged ducts, so
I'll have an uncomfortable lump, but not anything I can do about it. I'm
finding not nursing DD as a toddler much more difficult than with DS, he
was a tricky baby, but really quite good as a toddler, she was the other
way round and I could really use nursing as part of managing some of her
behaviour.

I agree - I'm sure the bf calmed both DS and I down on many an occasion. He
weaned me slowly though, and I never suffered from any breastfeeding
problems (no cracked nipples, mastitis, plugged ducts etc) so lucky for me
the small supply I still have has caused no problems.
I do miss bf though.