Old November 12th 07, 08:38 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

I got a maths degree from Oxford, then nannied for 2 years before having my
own. I tend to keep the Oxford bit hidden as some people treat me
differently when they know, which irritates me. Occasionally it comes up and
people are often amazed that I have that qualification but have nannied for
a job.

I've often said we are some kind of pseudo twins! I did maths at
Cambridge rather than Oxford and also have a tendency to not mention
either. People who take me for who I am, a stay at home mother of two,
with a few interesting stories to tell, will switch to viewing me as an
underachiever when they discover my qualifications. It's been nice to
have moved away from a setting where most people have known me for a
while and even if they haven't, because of who within a group I know etc
there are some pretty big clues. Here, I'm just Anne, an English
mother of 2, only very occasionally do I get asked what I did and if I
do, I usually pick a part time job I did once - an awful lot of people
seem to have got the impression I was a teacher, I don't feel any need
to clarify that!

Anne