Old March 15th 08, 05:06 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Sarah Vaughan

Default How to stop the night wakings?

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

Also, for the comforting at night, you may not be able
to go as far as rocking and cuddling. You may need to keep her
in the crib and limit it to patting her back and such. Getting
her up may be enough to reorient her to playtime/cuddle time
rather than to sleep time.

Sorry, I probably didn't read the initial post carefully enough - I was
picturing a situation where they were still bedsharing. I agree that if
she's in the crib, the best thing to do would be just to talk/pat
reassuringly and lower her down to the mattress every time she tries to
stand up.

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell