Old August 22nd 04, 05:44 AM
Jeff

"M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 21, 2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t
wrote in message
t...

"Jeff" wrote in message

"M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 20, 2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t
wrote in message
. net...

"CWatters" wrote in message

"M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 20, 2004" M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t
wrote in message

I guess that the anti-vac liars wil now have to move on and find

another
scary thing to fearmonger over.

Oh I am disapointed in you. I don't think this research suggests

that
ALL
(or even the majority of) cases of SID are caused by these genes. eg

It
doesn't preclude other causes like smoking.

I know. However, I never miss an opportunity to take a shot at the

anti-vac
liars. At leat we can now ask them to prove it was not genetic...

I think a lot of anti-vac people are not liars -- they are just

clueless,
like that idiot from whale to.

He has been shown how wrong his site is so many times, that he is both an
idiot and a liar.

Just because it was explained to John doesn't mean he understood.

John could argue that he has explained to us that vaccine are dangerous so
much that we are liars.

But perserverence does not equal truth.

The results also don't explain why kids who are put on their backs to

sleep
are less likely to die than those who sleep on their stomachs or why

kids
who parents smoke are less likely to see their first birthday.

In other words, a genetic component does not mean there things that can

be
done to prevent SIDS.

Agreed. Genetics can explain some SIDS, not all, but vaccines are not the
answer.

Sorry, I lost you. what do vaccines have to do with SIDS?

I was talking about not smoking around babies and putting them on their
backs to sleep. Not smoking and putting kids back to sleep have been shown
to preserve human life.

To my knowledge, vaccines have not been shown to affect the rate of SIDS
(although they have saved millions of lives and all but stoped polio,
measles, smallpox, rubella-related birth defects and other illnesses in the
US).

Jeff